March 06, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I've waited for so long... so very, very long.

Then what? Nothing!

My beloved never came to me... My beloved Samsung Omnia, supposedly delivered to me today before 5PM, never came. Imagine the disappointment and the frustration I felt as I reluctantly left the house, losing all hopes that my beloved handset will arrive.

Earlier when I woke up, I was already excited. I was finally going to see the handset I've waited for and feel it in my bare hands... But, I said to myself, patience is a virtue.

So I waited... and waited... and waited...

3:00 PM

No deliveries, yet. By this time, I would have normally been in the office but I decided to come in late to wait for the arrival of my precious Omnia.

3:30 PM

Still no package arrived. I decided to take a shower and hoped that by the time I was done, the courier service would have found their way to our house.

4:00 PM

Any time, now... it should be here any time.

I was done showering and was watching TV. I had no idea what was on; my mind was still on the handset I've been waiting for.

4:30 PM

It was getting late and I had to leave the house in a few minutes, but still I haven't received any packages so I decided to call up my Telco provider to follow up.

As usual, they weren't of any help. All they had to tell me was wait until 5:00 PM.

Again, I thought, patience is a virtue.

5:00 PM

Indeed, patience is a virtue... and I was quickly losing all virtues.

I called again to tell my Telco provider that the package hasn't arrived yet, and for the nth time, they provided no help. All they said was that they'll be contacting their materials department to follow up on the status of the delivery and that they'll call me up as soon as they have a reply. I was also advised to wait until 6:00 PM. Right... like I had no more important things to do than wait!

5:30 PM

Frustrated and extremely disappointed, I finally gave in and decided that the package most probably won't be arriving any time soon. I called again to ask for the courier service's contact numbers and the delivery's tracking number so I could just make the follow up myself. Unfortunately, my Telco provider's call-in service was, at most, useless and were not able to give me any usable information.

So now I'm blogging about this, still frustrated... still disappointed... yet still excited. The excitement won't stop until I get my hands on that Omnia... By Monday, hopefully...

6 comments:

  1. relax dear! your life will not end where heartaches begins! chozzz...

    am sure next week meron na yan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anlalim, teh! Di ko na-arok...

    Anyway, thanks for sharing a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Peach! Welcome back to the blogosphere... does this mean I'll soon be reading an updated "sunlight kisses"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. bago mo ma-enjoy ang iyong omnia eh i-enjoy mo muna ang iyong voodoo doll... hehe... uy, piktyuran mo ha in your terminal and post it in pezbuk... o kaya dito sa blog mo... i wanna see it... thanks for getting the doll...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but of course! I-popost ko talaga ang picture niya... at excite na me!

    Pero, no! Nakuha ko na ang omnia, Muwahahaha!!! MAtapos kong mang-away ng sangkatutak na reps ng Globe, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Send in the clowns!